The Student visa -
for English language courses longer than 11 months
Ihil ilia voluptur molum im num dolorecerum facerep eribeatur, voluptaque nat la nos aliquis ea nihitio ipsanis sectur, nations equiaectetur modit accaectur ab ius et arciaepudiae inveruptium laccab illantius, sed quunt fugia volum ad molecaes eos molore que as consequo et ipsunt abore, omnistrum raes exeribus eturem fugitas magniet ium nonsed est, con pel modias
The student visa
The Student visa is for anyone who wants to study English in the UK for more than 11 months. It is also for students who
- The course must include at least 15 hours of study per week.
- The student must have an intermediate level of English and a test to prove it.
- The student must have an unconditional course offer to study at an institution that has a Student sponsor licence.
- Some students studying English language courses with a student visa are able to work for 10 hours per week.
How to apply
Students can apply for this visa up to six months before travel.
Application cost: £348, plus the immigration health surcharge.
Students must have an unconditional course offer to study at an institution that has a Student sponsor licence. The institution will provide a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number. This is required for the application.
More information about the Student visa
Visit the British Council’s Study UK website for information on:
- Scholarships and funding
- Finding the right university
- How to apply for a university place